PEFA is a partnership program, managed by eight international development partners: the European Commission, International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Slovak Ministry of Finance, Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs, and the UK's Department for International Development.
PEFA Steering Committee
The Steering Committee comprises representatives from each of the Partners.
The Steering Committees responsibilities are to:
- Approve the objectives, targets and scope of activities for the PEFA Program,
- Mobilize the resources necessary to implement the PEFA Program,
- Decide on operational strategies and procedures for the Program's activities,
- Approve the annual work plan and budgets for the PEFA Program,
- Review implementation of the PEFA Program.
Ordinary Steering Committee meetings take place regularly, typically twice a year. Each ordinary meeting is hosted and chaired by one of the Partners on a rotational basis. Meetings of the Steering Committee may also take place, from time-to-time, via video and audio-conference.
The PEFA Secretariat is housed in the World Bank, Washington DC, and is legally operating as a part of the Bank. It is fully funded by the resources of the PEFA Program.
The PEFA Secretariat is responsible for implementing the Steering Committee’s policies and approved work plans; delivering agreed services to the PEFA partner organizations and to other stakeholders as agreed by program policies; and reporting to the Steering Committee on progress of activities and progress against results targets.
The PEFA Secretariat offers support to all users of the PEFA Framework on request including:
- Advice to country teams for planning and management of a PEFA assessment; including quality review of Concept notes and Terms of References for PEFA assessments,
- Advice to PEFA assessment teams on the PEFA 2016 framework;
- Quality review of PEFA Reports regarding compliance with PEFA methodology, principles and PEFA CHECK.